Public healthcare employees to protest nationwide August 8
Severity: 2 (Low)
Source: Drum Cussac
08/07/2020 (United Kingdom) - National Health Service (NHS) employees have called for demonstrations to be held in urban centers across the country on Saturday, August 8, to demand pay increases. The demonstrations are likely to be well-attended and localized disruption in the vicinity of all protest sites should be anticipated. Demonstrations have been planned in the following locations (all times local):
* London: Participants are expected to gather at St. James' Park at 11:00 and march to Parliament Square
* Birmingham: Participants are expected to gather at Victoria Square from 11:00
* Bristol: Participants are expected to gather on College Green from 11:00 to 15:00
* Cardiff: Participants are expected to march from the Welsh Assembly Building from 11:00
* Edinburgh: Participants are expected to gather outside the Scottish Parliament Building between 11:00 and 14:00
* Glasgow: Participants are expected to gather on Glasgow Green between 11:00-14:00
* Leeds: Participants are expected to gather on Millennium Square from 11:00
* Liverpool: Participants are expected to gather outside St. George's Hall from 11:00 to 15:00
* Manchester: Participants are expected to gather in Piccadilly Gardensfrom 11:00-12:30
* Newcastle: Participants are expected to march from the Royal Victoria Infirmary to Times Squareat 11:00
* Nottingham: Participants are expected to gather on King Street from 11:00
* Oxford: Protesters are expected to gather at Bonn Squarebetween 14:00 to 16:00
* Portsmouth: Participants are expected at Guildhall Square from 11:00 to 13:00
* Sheffield: Participants are expected at Barker's Pool from 11:00 and will march through the city center
Further associated protests are possible and a heightened security presence is to be expected in the vicinity of all protest sites.
Those in the UK are advised to monitor the situation, avoid all large gatherings as a precaution, anticipate localized disruptions and heightened security in the vicinity of protest sites, and adhere to instructions issued by local authorities.
Copyright © 2020 Drum Cussac
News Alerts and Safety Profiles are provided strictly for informational purposes and contain the best available data at the time of writing. While every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, the information in this report has not been independently verified and HTH Worldwide therefore accepts no responsibility or liability for any inaccuracies in such information and any such liability is expressly denied, and no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made. Documents may be amended or withdrawn at any time without cause.